Monday, May 4, 2015

Beach days!

Just a simple post today. I just wanted to take a quick moment to say how grateful I am for being able to live so close to the beach. I swear the fresh ocean air just makes life better, and well, the beautiful scenery I'm sure helps too!

The east portion of White Rock Beach is literally a 10 minute walk through a trail from our new house! It's just a quick little stroll downhill on the way there, and then a bit of an uphill hike on the way back.
(The trail from my house to the beach)
(Downhill the whole way to the beach, and uphill the whole way back)
I never considered our old place far from the beach, it was only about a 10-15 minute car ride. But, the fact that you had to drive, and then of course find/pay for parking, always made it a little daunting to want to go. 

Now that I can literally just stroll through the trail (I'm already walking or running down there everyday) makes it so easy to just get my butt down there. Plus, now that the weather has warmed up even more, I can just throw a towel, water bottle, book and volleyball in a bag, and spend my days kicking my feet up and soaking in some sun. 

(This is directly where the trail leads me.  During the day time there's a large portion of sand as well, but I took this photo in the evening yesterday when the tide was already in.)
This picture right here just says it all. I am so lucky to live where I do!

That's all for today!
-Linds

3 comments:

  1. hi lindsay! thank you for your sweet comment on my blog.
    the beach looks beautiful! you're lucky to live so close by! you're so right, the ocean makes life so much better ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm quick,ly realizing what a positive influence location has on my lifestyle!
      -Linds

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete