Tuesday, September 29, 2015

HOLY CRAP!

I got the okay from my Ortho doctor that my foot "looks good and is healed," and therefore I should have no problem starting up my low impact activities like biking and the elliptical. He did however warn me that although my foot looks good, if I do go for a run (hard impact) it'll probably still be somewhat painful, but, that doesn't mean that I can't run, I just need to be careful.  

I am so excited that I get to start this week off on the right foot.....get it, that's my broken one, hehe, lame joke, I know, but I don't care because I am just way too excited. I can hardly believe that I finally get to go back to being myself again. No more moping around the house feeling left out because I can't participate in my usual activities. I can start running again, doing my FitnessBlender workouts, going back to volleyball, etc.

It was a tough three months being away from the active world. Sure I still did some mellow abs and arm weight lifting routines, and I also tried to take on new activities like my paddle boarding adventure, but not being able to exert myself the way I am used to was just killing me. I missed the feeling of my lungs stretching themselves, the sweat dripping off of me, and the burn in my legs. Plus, I can't wait to work on getting the weight off again. I gained almost a full 10 lbs in the last month of waiting for my broken foot to heal. It's a little discouraging that I have so much lost progress to make up for, but I am eager to get back into my groove so hopefully within a few weeks I will see my body taking the shape that I hoped for earlier this year. 

That is all for today. I hope to have some progress updates soon :)
-Linds

2 comments:

  1. That's fantastic news!! Plus the weather is perfect for a nice, leisurely run to get back into the routine. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Miriam! It felt nice to finally lace up my sneakers and get moving!
      -Linds

      Delete