Thursday, May 19, 2016

Check Out Our Specs

It has been about 5 years since I got my eye prescription renewed, and therefore equally as long since I purchased a new pair of glasses.

If I've never mentioned it before, I haaaaaaate glasses shopping (yes, even sunglasses shopping), because there is no fun in it for me, it is strictly a struggle. I chalk it up to the fact that I have a unique shaped head (the last pair of seeing eye glasses I purchased were kids glasses, and I can even sometimes wear kids size hats).

Anyway...

Mark and I went a couple months ago to renew our prescriptions and we tried on some different glasses styles while we were finishing up at the store. Of course, pretty much every pair Mark picked up looked good on him, and he chose a pair to buy with no fuss.

I, on the other hand, tried one pair after the next, after the next, with no such luck.  After quite some time, and frustration building, we decided to leave, and try again another day with fresh energy.

Well, of course, life got in the way and days turned into weeks, weeks into months, etc...you know how it goes.

Finally, this past weekend I got up the courage and we ventured out to try to find a pair again. We stopped at Crystal Vision in Semiahmoo Mall, and I cannot even begin to describe what an awesome experience I had.

The girls there were so friendly, listened to exactly what I had to say, weren't pushy at all, and had excellent product info. I promise, no one is sponsoring this post, I really, truly just had an amazing experience and hope that by sharing, others will too!

Here are the glasses I ended up with (they were actually the 1st pair that the worker recommended to me based on all the critiques and requirements I mentioned).

Also, because of a promo they were having I even ended up getting a free pair of polarized sunglasses too!

I paid $364 total for the two pairs of frames (each marked at over $200), lenses, a year long warranty, as well as a lifetime glasses cleaner.

If anyone struggles as much as I do with finding glasses, I highly recommend at least checking out Crystal Vision, because they really turned the whole thing into a positive, and dare I say, fun, experience!

So, what do you guys think of our new specs? 
-Linds








2 comments:

  1. Your glasses and sunnies look awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Glad you like 'em! They are taking a bit of getting used to (much larger frames than my previous ones), but so far I'm pretty pleased!
      -Linds

      Delete